Business Immigration Attorney
We are actively seeking a dedicated, experienced mid-level Business Immigration Attorney to join our firm! This individual will work closely with administrative and legal staff, clients, and support the office and exercises a high degree of technical competence and administration ability. It is common for a position of this seniority to manage multiple corporate immigration accounts.
Prepare and review Immigration Petitions
Reviewing and processing incoming documents
Corresponding with clients
Writing and editing documents
Capacity to prioritize, manage, and implement multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Ability to work with ambiguous or unclear requirements, and drive to a successful resolution
Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking abilities
Solid analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement
Have the ability to work effectively with others and have great interpersonal skills
Must be willing to accept responsibility and show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
A current license to practice law in the United States
Minimum of 2 to 3 years Business immigration experience
PERM 2 years experience
For immediate consideration, submit the following with the Subject: Business Immigration Attorney to Law@sunitakapoor.com
Cover letter with salary expectations
Legal writing sample (maximum 5 pages)
References (minimum of 3)
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Business Immigration: 2-3 years
Law Offices of Sunita Kapoor, PC a reputable immigration law firm seeks a highly organized, motivated, self-starter, personable bilingual (Hindi and Spanish) Legal Assistants. We have multiple positions in Employment Immigration and Family Immigration department.
We offer Medical Insurance, Every Friday Office Paid Lunch to all employees and Retirement Plan and Paid Vacation after the completion of the first year.
The Legal Assistant will be responsible for working directly with attorneys and clients in all aspects of case preparation in addition to normal secretarial duties. Must have a bachelor's degree and 1-2 years immigration experience.
- 40 hours per week (Mon - Fri) 8:30am-5:30pm;
- Draft, review and file various petitions including immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions, adjustment of status applications, consular processing, waivers, asylum, employment-based and investment-based cases and naturalization;
- Gather facts and documentation in support of petitions;
- Draft correspondence regarding procedural matters, status updates, and letters in support of petitions;
- Perform legal research; and
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and potential clients.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of immigration procedures and processes;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize work while remaining focused on deadlines;
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and matters;
- Strong organization skills;
- Strong proofreading skills and the ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy;
- Highly detail-oriented;
- Professional demeanor;
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing);
- Trustworthy with excellent references;
- Team player;
- Strong computer and internet research skills as well as ability to troubleshoot simple computer/printer issues;
- Above average competency in office computer software such as MS Office, Adobe Reader, Skype, etc.;
- Ability to learn and use immigration case management software, and advanced office equipment;
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles (preferred); and
- Enjoy helping people.
Salary: Depending on experience.
TO BE CONSIDERED please email cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirement with the title 'Family-Legal Assistant or Employment- Legal Assistant' in the SUBJECT to Law@sunitakapoor.com.